Shipping & Delivery (Electronics)
Terms and Conditions you should know relating to deliveries:
Before you read the small print: Importing is a breeze in most countries! You may have to pay your own country’s VAT (i.e. Sales Tax) and sometimes variable Import Duty when the items arrive, but in the vast majority of cases packets / cartons delivered from China by courier arrive safely with no problems at all!
• Read the item description carefully! We will ship you whatever you order. Although we do assist you by manually checking all orders to screen possible region / compatibility inconsistencies, we do not accept returns of healthy products which were simply mis-ordered by you. If you are in an NTSC video color region, don’t order PAL products for your market. Check if your locality has free DVB-T broadcasts before buying DVB-T digital TV receivers. If the driver’s seat is on the left, don’t order left side passenger sun visor Car DVD Monitors! Duh!
• Additionally, there are some (cool) types of gadgets including for example (but not limited to) radio signal jammers, high powered lasers, and quasi-medical products, that are not legal (booo!) to import into certain countries. As the buyer / importer it is entirely your responsibility to find out in advance of placing your order whether your ordered items are subject to import restrictions. MyDadStore’s supplier will ship you whatever you order, so we do not accept liability in the case of failed delivery of goods, where they have failed to clear your country’s local Customs – either in cases where the goods are turned back, or in cases where the goods are seized. In addition MyDadStore is not responsible for informing you of possible import restriction issues before or after purchase.
• We will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused on your computer, console, or other hardware / software during / related to installation of any of our products. We not be liable for any damage or personal loss due to incorrect installation of our products.
• Delivery time: If there is a possible delay due to the warehouse being out of stock, we’ll contact you by email to discuss sending out your order in separate shipments, changing products, or other options. Larger orders that exceed our stock may take up to 1 week longer to send out, as we have to order from the factory. In such cases we will contact you about any delay. In certain cases, e.g. the first time you try to drop-ship to a different address than your own, we have to complete a verification check with you before processing your order, which can add 1-3 days to the processing time.
• If you are at all unsure about importing goods from China, start with MyDadStore. Your payment is through a safe channel, your delivery is guaranteed, the products are quality assured, and you can begin by ordering only 1 piece as a sample!
“What if the product does not arrive?”
We guarantee your products will arrive safely in your destination country.
In the unlikely event your package is lost, we will re-send the goods or give you a full refund.
Delivery Failure Scenarios:
• The package is lost, broken, or stolen before it reaches you.
MyDadStore will re-send the goods or give a full refund. In practice such cases are very rare, perhaps 1 in 5000 shipments, when using courier services. Please note confirmation of such cases can take some time, so in such an event you may be advised to place a new order at your expense while the original shipment is investigated pending compensation.
• An Air Mail package has not arrived after a long time.
MyDadStore will give a full refund after the delivery deadline has expired. These cases are rare, and if this ever occurs, we will inform you of the delivery deadline for your package, which will be 30-60 days depending on the region.
• Multi-part delivery arrives missing some items or packets.
In this case, a customer had ordered more than one product and found that the order arrived without the appropriate number of ordered items.
Similar to what you would do with regards to a broken item case, the proper reporting procedure would be: (1) contact your courier immediately to issue a formal complaint, and (2) open a ticket with MyDadStore within 3 working days and provide the requisite photos. (Guidelines for photos: Take photos of all 6 sides of the brown cardboard shipping box (outer casing) the delivery arrived in. You will then need to provide photos of the received items in the way in which they arrived inside the shipping box. Please also indicate the dimensions of the package and the gross weight of the entire package (shipping box + main product (incl. accessories, if any) + any and all packing material). Please retain the package and all contents for later reference.
After this initial phase, please contact your courier’s local office and open a claim. You will then need to contact MyDadStore to receive a formal ticket about your case. During this time, our delivery team will evaluate whether or not your missing product was the result of delivery or packing error. If it is determined that a packing error occurred, MyDadStore will credit you the value of the missing product plus a partial shipping credit. On the other hand, if it is determined the missing items were the cause of a courier mishandling, MyDadStore will follow your claim with the courier’s China office. Once the missing case is confirmed by the courier, MyDadStore will credit you for the value of the missing product + partial shipping.
• Items in the packet arrive in a damaged condition.
A customer’s order arrived with product/s in damaged condition.
In such a scenario, you must, first, raise the issue immediately with the courier or delivery company. Then, open a ticket with MyDadStore and provide the requisite photos. (Guidelines for photos: First, take photos of all 6 sides of the box that contains the product (inner casing). Then, take photos of all 6 sides of the brown cardboard shipping box (outer casing). For the product itself, please provide enough photos that will accurately show, first, the whole product and then a close-up of the damaged area.) The photos will then be used for remodeling the broken process to find out the cause of the damage. And also the customer needs to keep the original packing case for courier’s investigation purposes.
Provided you follow the correct reporting process, your case can be dealt with expeditiously if the incident report is received by MyDadStore within 3 working days from your receipt of the damaged article/s. Once MyDadStore receives the ticket with the details and photos clearly evidencing the damage, and confirms the products were indeed damaged during transit, a credit worth the product value of the damaged item will be made in your MyDadStore account or a replacement part or accessory, if applicable, will be sent to you at our discretion.
• A shipment is delayed, turned back, or seized by Customs.
If the Customs issue was your responsibility, you are liable. If the failed delivery was due to mis-handling by MyDadStore, you will receive compensation when the case is resolved. Such cases are unusual but it is important you are aware of your responsibilities in such a case.
General Delivery Failure Cases Where You Accept Liability
You (or the consignee) must accept delivery of the goods and comply with any applicable procedures/charges from your local Customs.
If the delivery fails because:
• you were not at home or the courier could not contact you
• the delivery details were wrong
• the recipient fails to accept the goods
• the courier cannot satisfactorily verify the identity of the person attempting to receive the goods
• the courier cannot deliver to a remote area or invalid address
• delivery fails due to war, disaster, etc
• other similar scenarios beyond our control
… [in such cases] you agree that MyDadStore will not accept liability and no compensation is available.
There are also several situations in which you accept liability when the goods do not arrive due to Customs issues. Please read the full terms and conditions here.